Thursday, July 30, 2009

First Day of School and a bit of creativeness


Every year Since Kindergarten, I have taken a photo of these two on the stoop on the first day of school. This year is not different. Today, Harrison (my baby), begins 3rd grade. Now how did that happen? and yes it is the 30th of July. This year he starts the school year with a few bangs and cuts left over from his bike crash last Saturday.... he in on the mend.
Now this brings me to the creativity part of the post. In my last post I posted about our journals. Well...it has been about a week. I have some photos of that I want to share. Harrison is doing this with me, but he took his to school today, so I couldn't photograph it.
These are just a few of my favoirte pages. We are really having a lot of fun using this journal.
I hope you are all a great day. I am off to the park with the little ones...They still have another month of Summer.
xo
Missy

4 comments:

lisa dickinson said...

love the idea of a mama/son journal project! and i think it should be illegal to start school in July. :)

Lauren said...

I've eyeballed this journal in the store... and it would only be me doing it... you make it look fun!

Terri said...

I love the journals.... isn't it so much fun to play with paint?

Denise said...

Love that you and your son are doing the Wreck book together. It looks like such a fun thing to do! Wow ...school on July 30. That summer just flew by for him I bet. :o(