Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Layouts!

I have been scrapping like crazy this week. I have almost used up my entire Studio Calico Kit, Fortune Cookie. So Far I have made 7 layouts with the kit.
This first layout, Early Bird is one of my favorites (ok, they are all my favorites...)I painted the Jenni Bowlin paper and added chipboard accents. I allso used journal spots as accents and I journaled on one of them. Journaling reads: " One morning Jackson woke me up at 5am so he could eat his pop tart breakfast. Feb, 2009

Before..On this layout....its about the day Harrison had his hair cut off. He grow it long to donate. I traced the chipboard flowers at the top of the layout. On the seconf paper, I dry embossed it with the cuttlebug music sheet folder. I put some glitter on the Maya Road chipboard bird wings, and used some Karen Russell rub-ons. I used the stamp packaging from the Studio Calico stamp to use as a journal spot.


Memoires in the tub: I used a running stitch to gather the ribbon. I used pop dots to adhere it to the page. I used gesso (the white paint and then journaled on it.) The Journaling reads: It was a game of hide-n-seek. Jeff hid in the bath tub. The kids took so long to find him (it was the very last place they looked!) that he grabbed a pillow for comfort and waited. The kids finally looked in the bathtub. Apparently they thought Jeff had a great idea, as they joined him. For a long time all I heard was giggles. When I finally went to see what they were up to, this is the scene I found. All four of them were stuffed into that little tub all completely happy! Who would have known the bathtub was fun without the water! Feb, 17, 2009



everyday moments: This is one of my favourites too. I printed two photos and torn one. I glued it to the first photo with pop dots. I cut out circles and cut them in half. I heat embossed the edges of the circles (it is hard to see that in the photo). I colored in Karen Russell's black rub-ons with marker. I journaled around the circles to keep the layout flowing. The journaling reads: Gigi, Harrison adn Jackson hanging out on a Sunday afternoon, while Papa and I cleaned the house. February 15, 2009




Rocker Hair: This is a layout about how Gigi's hair became rocker hair. She cut her own hair and this was the only way to fix it...More than sever inches had to be cut off. She looks so cute!
Ballerina: Gigi in damce class. My friend took this photo for me and it was not the greatest, but it was the only one I had. So I cropped it and altered in in Photoshop CS3. The paper is Making Memories and the matte is Making Memories packaging from some of there stickers, the flowers and ribbon are by cloud nine designs, and the Alphas are thickers.
Cowboy: Here is my little stunt man. Isn't he cute? The flowers that up down the side of the ribbon are cut in half. He loves to ride the Zebra.
Thanks for looking and reading.
Missy





4 comments:

Gine said...

WoW...you have been busy
Great pages,,LOVE all th ebright colors !!!

Murphy's Law said...

gorgeous projects. love them all. and your blog is sooo it!

Sweet Peripety said...

those are allllllllllll so lovely! i remember seeing the orange scalloped in the sc gallery- it is quite stunning. beautiful work.

Jenn said...

Great LO's, its such a great feeling to get LO's done!