Friday, August 7, 2009

A post without photos....trust me....you don't need them.

I am not a writer. Sometimes I wish I was. I wish that I could tell a story as colorful as the way some of you do. Well, I can't. Here is what my day is like with my 3 year old. First I was cleaning the bathroom, and my DD who is 4, was helping me. She was drying, the sinks, shower, cabinets and so on. Jackson, the 3 year old, wanted a rag too. I gave him one without thinking about it, as we were done with the batheroom and everything was put away. After a time I started smelling this really strong medicine smell. Of course I started looking for the source and I found it all right. Jackson, was standing in the shower naked(I will get to that in a minute) with the rag. He was "helping Mommy"....He had dumped half a bottle of selsun blue on the shower floor scrubbed it in really well. He apparently was not sure what to do after that, so he was standing there staring at the mess.

Shortly after that, he was walking around the house wearing Gigi's dress up barbie shoes. It was just a funny sight, watching him click across the kitchen floor.

So you are probably wondering why he is naked. I am trying and failing terribly with this whole potty training business. He has the pee down....but he prefers to poo in is pants. ICK! I was so frustrated I took away his clothes (only when we are home.) Of course he poos in the potty when he is naked. I am sure you all really want to here about this, but this is my life at the moment...this is my least favorite thing about motherhood.

The not so funny thing is that I discovered that he used the barbie house potty to pee in. My husband just found this to be very funny and I just don't see it that way. Sure it is a tiny potty and it makes the flushing sound when you flush...but ick.

THe other day he told me, "no talk, no potty, no boy boy, Me BABY!" Ack Ack Ack!! HOw am I supposed to deal with that?

If you have any helpful ideas on how to complete the potty training....by all means tell me. My other two were so easy...I took away the diapers and after a couple of days they were good to go.

6 comments:

waleska said...

oh, missy! I hear you... I'm sorry but I'm laughing (only because this is something that would totally happen around here too!). Every time my boys do something wacko my hubby laughs and says 'boys will be boys'. what?! not MY boys :P

liz mataraza said...

omg! i am cracking up...i'm sorry. but it's sooo funny! i let owen run aroun dnaked all day, too, trying to get him to go on the potty. NOT working! have a great weekend!

casey boyd said...

Missy, I haven't even distanced myself enough from that problem to even laugh...I so feel your pain. My son was the exact same way! We resorted to bribery...it took a little bit of time but it worked. We still have a few set backs now and again but the diapers are gone. So what we did was choose something he was really into. Marcus liked the Hotwheels monster trucks. So I bought up several at a few bucks a piece and hung a couple at a time on the message board in the kitchen. He was so excited he would actually make the effort to go so he could pick out a truck. I ended up buying most everyone they had and it cost a bit but considering all the skid marks and laundry I had to do it was well worth it. I wish you success I know how frustrating it is as a mom.

Erika said...

OMG I am DYING laughing over here. Seriously, picture him peeing in the barbie house potty. That would be worth scrapping. But you were right, no pics needed. Thanks for the much needed laugh tonight!

Kelly said...

Sorry Missy - I'm too busy giggling. ;o)
Oh, the joys of motherhood xxx

*reyanna* said...

Ohmigosh, this post was SO funny! LOL.

We did the same thing for my nephew. We took away his pants when at home... so he'd remember to poop in the potty.

But what REALLY ended up helping him was watching his dad do it. LOL. Weird, I know. But once he saw my brother going potty in the potty, he wanted to as well. Whatever works, right?! So maybe your husband should start taking over?! ;-) Like... it could be a Father-Son thing?! ;-)