Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday.....is it already over?

Boy did that go by fast. We went to church, early. Then the grocery store and we were home by 9:20am. I spent a lot of time in my scrap room. That does not always happen, so it was nice. I made one layout, but got to play for a long while. I sewed on my layout...and I tried something new. I used a pop can.

I cut off the ends and cut it open. On the colored side (this was a sprite can) I sanded it. Used alcohol ink...watermelon,citrus,sail boat blue. Then I embossed the metal with swiss dots by cuttlebug. Sanded some more. I applied perfect pearls to some of the dots and finally used a die cut to cut out the flowers. I used the cuttlebug, because I was not sure if my die cut machines, the slice and the circut could actually cut metal. (OnceI tried to cut grungeboard and that turned out badly. So when in doubt don't use the machines, I learned the hard way.)


Ok....I got off the subject a little....





Here is the layout.



4 comments:

Erika said...

I know I already said this on SC but WOW OH WOW! This LO is full of beautiful detail. I love it so much. I was in my scrap room all day too! LOVE IT!

casey boyd said...

Wow!! How cool is all that. Love all the detail with the cool technique and the sewing!

Zorina said...

That LO is so cute! so much detail. It's awesome.
I know, I hear yah....Sunday flew that quick also for me.

Sasha said...

WOW .. I love this layout and the pics on it are fabulous and the amount you have make it just so unique.