Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September 1st.! Spotlight Girl! GCD Studios!


I can't believe that I haven't blogged all summer. Wow! That season just flew by without a care in the world. My kids are all in school and have been since August 16th. On one hand it has been great, I get my chores and errands done quickly, but on the other hand, I miss my kids.


So here we are, it's September already. Earlier in the year I was chosen as a spotlight girl for GCD studios... That means that they pick up my posts about them and their products and post them on their facebook page. That is so cool. I have made a lot of layouts and a couple of mini books that I am going to share with you this month.

My first layout is Freak-O. My 5 year old daughter's friend used this term to describe boys. I thought it was perfect to apply it here with this photo of my son Harrison. The journaling states: Harrison age 8. Sometimes I do call him a freak. It's the blue hair and the silly face. Summer 2009.

I used the casette collection of papers, a little of paris nights paper collection, and an embellishment from the Melody Ross collections. I did use a few other items from my stash to complete the page.

I cut the casette collection into strips and woven them together. Next I adhered it to a solid white piece of card stock. I used one of my favorite stamps and stamped all over the foundation of my layout. I added my photo, journaling and title treatment to complete the page.

Thanks for having a look at my work.

xoxo
Missy

No comments: